- Virgin Birth of Jesus
- Moshe Ben-Chaim
- 'I would like to hear your explanation for the virgin birth of
This extra-ordinary event seems to help convince me that there is
something truly special about this man. How would you explain it?
Thank you for your time
- There is no proof that Jesus was born without a father. Although the
whole Christian world believes it is true, it is mere belief.
- Ask yourself one question, "How can anyone prove whether Mary
had intercourse or not?"
Was she being monitored her whole life to see that she never laid down
with a man?
Since this could not have been done, why should we assume such a
fantastic story? It goes against the mind. There are no witnesses to
such a claim or event. Additionally, what greatness is applied to
Jesus by the claim that Mary had immaculate conception? This is no
reflection on the child, as a child should be punished or rewarded for
his OWN deeds, not his parents deeds. This is actually part of the Old
Testament, "a man in his own sin will you kill". This means
that G-d intends justice to be meted out to those responsible, and
- The reason they claim Jesus had no father was to create an aura of
greatness around him. If the ideas of Christianity were really
provable and sound in themselves, there would be no need to fabricate
a story such as immaculate conception. The ideas would have spoken for
- It is unfortunate, but the rest of the world feels that reason is
not a part of one's religion. In all other areas, a person will use
his mind, in work,
in travel, in child rearing. Why then do they abandon reason when it
comes to the most important area of life- one's philosophy?
- Blind faith has no merit. Even a child can believe something. This
however does not mean it is true.
- Don't you want to live you life knowing that you are following what
G-d really desired for man? If so, you owe it to yourself to prove
things one way or the other. G-d designed the entire universe, and all
the laws which operate can be understood using reason. G-d gave us a
mind to use in all areas, science, math, health, and so on. Would it
not be foolish for Einstein to have merely taught what he
"believed". If he had no proof for his arguments and
theories, and just told the students and reporters to believe in his
views without any proof, would he not be laughed out of the lecture
- Doesn't it stand to reason then that G-d desires us to use this mind
in the most important area - the knowledge and worship of Him?
- There is a reason why Christianity is based on belief, .......it is
because there is no proof. Why did they keep the Old Testament intact
in their religion? They could have started Christianity with their own
stories, and omitted everything prior. The answer: The Old Testament
is not only the Jewish religion, but also historical fact. It cannot
be disputed, just as Caesar being the emperor of Rome cannot be
disputed. In both cases, there were large numbers of witnesses, and
this is how we establish any event in history as true. If there are no
or few supposed witnesses, there is no reason to believe the account
actually happened, EVEN IF THE REST OF THE WORLD BELIEVES SO.
- Read our article "Torah from Sinai".
- Use your G-d given gift of the mind to search honestly for what is
provable and for what is not. Don't feel beholden to your current
beliefs just because they are from your youth, and you are comfortable
with them. You have started questioning, continue, and don't accept
anything unless it is as clear to you as 2+2=4.
- You will find that you will be able to discern that which is sound,
fro that which is baseless..
Abandon all previous beliefs that have gone unquestioned, and do not
live based on what others believe, but live YOUR life based on what
makes sense. Question all matters until they are perfectly clear and
- Moshe Ben-Chaim