- Moshe Ben-Chaim
- Question: xxxxxx is a relatively new movement that is
gathering much support in Modern Orthodox circles. Although it has
received lots of very good press and has set goals that seem admirable
a priori, many prominent Roshei Yeshiva, including Rav xxxxxx from
xxx, have reacted very strongly against them. I would really
appreciate it if you could examine their website, especially their
online journal, and review the movement as you see it.
- Mesora: Provided an individual
or a group follow the laws outlined by the Torah, I don't see what
difference a "movement" makes.
- The sole factor for determining the validity of one's actions must
- People always desire things to get excited about because they are
looking for something outside of Torah, and therefore never reach
satisfaction in their lives. They tend to get hyped, alarmed, and
display all sorts of emotional fervor in the wake of movements, but
Shlomo already taught us, "ayn kol chadash tachas
hashamesh", "there is nothing new under the sun".
- God promised us in the beginning of Uva L'Tzion, "lo yamush
mpicha, umipi zaaracha, umipi zera zaaracha amar Hashem may-ata v'ad
olam". We have the best insurance policy that Torah in its true
form will not be lost. And this is via God's perfect Torah system,
- Movements will come and go, always, its man's nature.
- Shlomo informed us thousands of years ago.